Letter of Introduction

Letter of Introduction

Abigail Ureña
43 Winfield Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10305

January 28, 2020

Crystal Rodwell
160 Convent Avenue
New York, NY 10031

Dear Ms. Rodwell,

Good morning, my name is Abigail Ureña. I am an eighteen-year-old freshman studying at The City College of New York. Currently, my major is undecided, but I strive to transfer to the school of engineering to study Civil Engineering. I decided to study Civil Engineering, because I think this is a field of engineering that is not as popular as others, but I believe that it can be very useful in helping people throughout the world, and to develop technologies that keep the world sustainable and efficient in the future.
The reason I decided to study Civil Engineering, are similar to the academic and career goals that I have. I aspire to be able to combine both of my academic goals, so I can have an enjoyable career. I would like to be able to work in a position in which I can develop new technologies, that would be useful to disadvantaged communities around the world. I have many goals for myself this semester. My academic goals for this semester are to maintain a GPA above 3.5. I would also like to be able to get a high grade in my math class, so that I could be able to transfer into the school of engineering. This semester I really want to stay motivated to try to be the best student I can become; I also want to embrace my time as a college student, and enjoy many of its rewards.
Outside of getting good grades this semester, I also want to make new friends in my classes. I really enjoy cooking, and learning about different food and more efficient ways of growing food. After finishing my bachelors’ degree, I would like to attend culinary school, to further my knowledge about food. I would like to develop a more innovative and sustainable ways to grow food, and minimize the amount of water and labor needed. I would also like to be able to use my knowledge to help others.
In addition to my previous statements, I believe that Civil Engineering is an exciting field of engineering that is able to benefit many people around the world. Food is a part of many peoples’ lives daily, developing new ways to grow food with less waste and byproduct, can be advantageous to many around the world. This will help food reach many more people around the world, and help them become healthier and well nourished individuals.
I have many things I would like to accomplish. I know that I will need to work very hard and stay focused with my goals in mind in order to succeed. Civil Engineering is a very interesting field, I am eager to learn more, and ready for any obstacles that may come in my way. Thank you very much for reading, have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Abigail L. Ureña